(WSVN) - As communities in South Florida make an effort to provide relief to the Bahamas in the aftermath of Hurricane Dorian, more locations have been established to collect relief supplies for the island nation.
Some of the items being collected include the following:
- Non-perishable foods
- First aid kits (bandages, gauze and tape)
- Sun block
- Hygiene kits (tissue, toothpaste, tooth brushes, towels, sanitary napkins)
- Cleaning supplies (bleach, mops, brooms, garbage bags, sponges, clothes pins)
- Pet food and supplies
- Baby formula, bottles and supplies
- Jerry cans (plastic water bottles)
- Beds, cots
- Portable toilets
- Mosquito repellent (DEET-free)
- Cooking utensils
- Temporary housing
- Plastic sheeting
- Roof shingles
- Disposable plates and eating utensils
- Power banks
- Solar-powered chargers
- Portable radios (battery or crank)
- Cloth bags or biodegradable bags
The American Red Cross
- To donate to the American Red Cross, please click here.
Baptist Health South Florida x United Way
- To donate to Baptist Health and the United Way, please click here.
UNICEF USA (in partnership with the Florida Panthers)
- To donate to UNICEF, please click here.
- Sacred Space Warehouse: 340 NE 59th Terrace.
Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. and Sunday from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.:
- Aventura Mall: 19501 Biscayne Blvd. Drop-off location is near the Aventura Slide Tower.
Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. and Sunday 12 p.m. 8 p.m.:
- Aventura Mall: 19501 Biscayne Blvd. Drop-off location is at the Visitor’s Center near Bloomingdale’s.
- Miami-Dade County Main Library: 101 W. Flagler St.
- Stephen P. Clark Center: 111 NW First St.
- Joseph Caleb Center: 5400 NW 22 Ave.
- Rotary Club of Miami Brickell: 30 SW 12th St.
- Crook & Crook: 2795 SW 27th Ave.
- Fire Training Center: 3425 Jefferson St.
- Fire Station 2: 1901 N. Miami Ave.
- Fire Station 9: 69 NE 62nd St.
- Fire Station 11: 5920 West Flagler St.
From 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.:
- Beauty Exchange Beauty Supply: 11020 SW 184th Street.
- Beauty Exchange Beauty Supply: 11820 NW 10th Avenue.
From 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. only:
- Greater St. Paul AME Church: 3680 Thomas Ave.
- Christ Episcopal Church: 3475 William Ave.
- New Birth Baptist Church Cathedral of Faith International: 2300 NW 135th St.
From 9 a.m. through 7 p.m. until Thursday night:
- Martin Memorial AME Church (Known as The Purple Church): 14700 Lincoln Blvd.
From 6 a.m. through 10 p.m. on Thursday only:
- Dolphin Mall: 11401 NW 12th Street. Drop-off is located in West Valet area between Cabo Flats and Cheesecake Factory.
From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays and from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on weekends:
- 4456-4458 NW 74th Ave.
From Sept. 6 through Sept. 12 open two hours prior to first pitch:
- Marlins Park: 501 Marlins Way at the East and West Plaza.
From 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday:
- Winn-Dixie: 3275 SW 22nd St.
- Winn-Dixie: 11241 SW 40th St.
Florida International University
From 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday:
- MMC campus: 11200 SW 8th St. Drop-off is located at the University Towers Loading Zone.
From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday:
- BBC campus: 3000 NE 151st St. Drop-off is located at the WUC information desk.
From 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday:
- MMC campus: 11200 SW 8th St. Drop-off is located in the Parkview tailgate area, northwest corner.
From 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. only:
- Fire Station 1: 93 East 5th Street
- Fire Station 2: 4200 East 8th Avenue
- Fire Station 3: 800 West 49 Street
- Fire Station 4: 251 East 12th Avenue
- Fire Station 5: 1197 West 74th Street
- Fire Station 6: 780 West 24th Avenue
- Fire Station 7: 7590 West 24th Avenue
- Fire Station 8: 5405 W 18th Ave
Accepting donations 24 hours:
- Goodlet Park: 4200 West 8th Avenue
- Office of Emergency Management Warehouse: 8008 NW 14th St.
From 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. (weekdays) and 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. (weekends):
- Doral Legacy Park: 11400 NW 82 Street
- Doral Meadow Park: 11555 NW 58th Street
- Morgan Levy Park: 5300 NW 102nd Avenue
- Grace United Community Church: 901 NW 183rd St.
- Miami Gardens Police Department: 18611 NW 27th Ave.
- Betty T. Ferguson Recreation Center: 3000 NW 199th St.
- Antioch Missionary Baptist Church: 21311 NW 34th Ave.
From 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sunday and Sept. 15. for ticketed guests of the Miami Dolphins:
- Hard Rock Stadium: 347 Don Shula Drive.
Miami Lakes (Tuesday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday from 8:30 a.m. through 12 p.m.)
- Miami Lakes Town Hall: 6601 Main Street
From 8 a.m. through 8 p.m. for rest of week:
- Fire Station 1: 1045 Jefferson Avenue
- Fire Station 2: 2300 Pine Tree Drive
- Fire Station 3: 5303 Collins Avenue
- Fire Station 4: 860 69 Street
Sunday through Thursday from 8 a.m. through 10 p.m.; Fridays and Saturdays from 8 a.m. until 11 p.m.:
- The Lincoln Eatery: 723 Lincoln Lane North
From Thursday morning through Sunday night:
- Chesterfield Hotel & Suites: 855 Collins Ave.
- Catalina Hotel: 1732 Collins Ave.
- Riviera South Beach: 318 20th St.
- Tradewinds Apartment Hotel: 2365 Pine Tree Dr.
- Hotel Croydon: 3720 Collins Ave.
- Oceanside Hotel: 6084 Collins Ave.
- Seaside All Suites Hotel: 7500 Collins Ave.
From 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday only:
- The Meridian Hotel: 418 Meridian Ave.
North Miami Beach
Accepting donations for 24 hours:
- North Miami Beach Police Department: 16901 NE 19th Ave.
From 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (weekdays):
- City of North Miami Beach City Hall: 17011 NE 19th Ave.
- Parks and Recreation Administrative Office: 17051 NE 19th Ave.
- NMB Building Department: 17050 NE 19th Ave.
- NMB Operations Center: 2101 NE 159th St.
From 12 – 9 p.m. (weekdays) and 12 – 5 p.m. (Saturdays):
- Highland Village Community Center: 13621 NE 21st Avenue
- Allen Park Youth Center: 1770 NE 162nd St.
- Washington Park Community Center: 15290 NE 15th Court
From 9:30 a.m. – 7:50 p.m. (Monday through Thursday) and 9:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. (rest of week):
- NMB Library: 1601 NE 164th St.
From 12 – 6 p.m. (weekdays) and 12 – 5 p.m. (Saturdays):
- Uleta Park Community Center: 386 NE 169th St.
From 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Monday through Friday only):
- Motor Pool: 1965 NE 151st St.
Miami Springs (Monday though Friday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. through 7 p.m.)
- Community Center parking lot: 1401 Westward Drive
- Seahunter Inc.: 25545 SW 140th Ave.
Sunny Isles Beach
From 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. (Wednesday), 8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. (Thursday), 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. (Friday), and 9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. (Saturday):
- SIB Government Center, 1st Floor Meeting Room: 18070 Collins Ave.
- Bahama Bucks: 14601 SW 104th St.
From 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. (Friday):
- Calusa Elementary School: 9580 W. Calusa Club Drive
Accepting monetary donations:
From 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. only:
- Margate Police Department: 5790 Margate Boulevard
- Fire Station 18: 5785 Park Drive
- Fire Station 58: 600 N. Rock Island Road
- Fire Station 98: 5395 NW 24th Street
From 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. only:
- Fire Station 94: 4455 Sol Press Boulevard
- Fire Station 50: 4500 Coconut Creek Parkway
- Riverside Market: 608 SW 12th Ave.
- Riverside Market South: 3218 SE 6th Street
- Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport: 5610 NW 12th Ave., Suite 203
- Habitat for Humanity of Broward (Habitat Broward ReStore): 505 W. Broward Blvd.
- Beauty Exchange Beauty Supply: 1020 W. Sunrise Blvd.
From 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. only:
- Press & Grind Café: 474 N Federal Hwy.
From 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. only:
- Station 2 and Fire Headquarters: 528 NW 2nd Street
- Station 3: 2801 SW 4th Avenue
- Station 13: 2871 E. Sunrise Boulevard
- Station 16: 533 NE 22nd Street
- Station 29: 2002 NE 16th Street
- Station 35: 1969 E. Commercial Boulevard
- Station 46: 1515 NW 19th Street
- Station 47: 1000 SW 27th Avenue
- Station 49: 1015 Seabreeze Boulevard
- Station 53: 2200 Executive Airport Way
- Station 54: 3051 NE 33rd Ave.
- Station 19: 6700 Miramar Parkway.
- Station 70: 9001 Miramar Parkway.
- Station 107: 11811 Miramar Parkway.
- Station 84: 14801 SW 27th Street.
- Station 100: 2800 SW 184th Avenue.
- St. Stephen Protomartyr Catholic Church: 6044 SW 19th St.
- St. Bartholomew Catholic Church: 8005 Miramar Parkway
For church drop-off hours, contact 954-602-3131.
From 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday:
- Miramar City Hall: 2300 Civic Center Place.
From 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday:
- Multi-Purpose Complex: 6700 Miramar Parkway.
From 8 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday:
- Sunset Lakes Community Center: 2801 SW 186th Avenue.
- 1001 Poinciana Drive, Warehouse #46
- No clothing will be accepted.
- Riverside Market: 6900 Cypress Road
From 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Judah NOW Church, Inc., 98 E. McNab Rd., Pompano Beach, FL 33060
- Jetscape FBO: 350 SW 34th Street
- Evenings De-light: 7080 W. State Road 84
- New Age Netgroup Helping Hands: 409 W. Hallandale Beach Blvd.
- The American Legion: 211 N. 21st Ave.
- Station 5: 1819 N. 21st Ave.
- Station 31: 3401 Hollywood Blvd.
- Station 40: 707 S. Ocean Drive
- Station 74: 2741 Stirling Road
- Station 105: 1511 S. Federal Hwy.
- Training/Station 45: 3400 N. 56th Ave.
- Weston Hills Country Club: 2600 Country Club Way
Wednesday through Saturday – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.:
- Lauderhill Performing Arts Center: 3800 NW 11th Place
From 8 a.m. through 8 p.m.:
- New Season Worship Center: 4660 N. University Dr.
Donations are being collected at all Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach County Tropical Financial Credit Unions.
Items can be dropped off during regular business hours through Friday at noon. To find your neighborhood Tropical Financial Credit Union, click here.
Copyright 2019 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.