The Chef: Ashley Morrison
The Dish: Turkey & Cheddar Quiche and No Bake Cookies
1 can cream of onion soup 1/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup finely chopped turkey
1 pre-made frozen pie shell
* You can easily vary this recipe and use other cream soups, meats and cheeses to make your own quiche. (Like, ham and Swiss cheese with cream of mushroom soup.)
No Bake Cookies
3 cups outs
2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup margarine
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
* For the cookies, you can also add chopped nuts or coconut, to make this recipe your own!
Method of Preparation:
– Add 4 eggs to a bowl and then the milk. Beat well, and add pepper and cream of onion soup straight from the can. Mix again.
– Next, add chopped turkey and shredded cheddar cheese.
Stir again and pour it into a deep dish pie shell. Put it in the oven at 350 for about 45 minutes until it’s golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Let stand at least 5 minutes before serving.
– For dessert it’s Ashley’s favorite: No Bake Cookies. Add butter to pot and when it melts, add sugar, cocoa and milk. Bring it to a boil, then turn down the heat and add vanilla, peanut butter and oats.
– Blend well and then drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper.
Let them cool for about 15 minutes and they’re ready to eat!
Cut a slice of the quiche and serve with a salad, and have a couple of cookies for dessert. Easy and delicious!