(WSVN) - A new twist on a sweet treat, and instead of saving it for dessert, you can fry up these creations for any time of the day. Time to grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Giorgio Rapacavoli
The Restaurant: Spanglish, Miami
The Dish: Timba Frita
Ingredients for the guava sauce:
15 – 20 oz. guava paste
4 oz. Coca-Cola (or other sweetened juice or soda)
Pinch of salt
Ingredients for fried cheese:
1 block queso (preferably queso para freir – about 10 ounces)
Oil for frying
Ingredients for Adobo spice:
(Mix to taste, make enough to season queso cubes)
Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
Ingredients for garnish:
Fried minced garlic
Method of Preparation
- In a blender, combine guava paste, Coca Cola and salt until creamy.
- Set aside.
- Cut queso into one-inch cubes and fry in oil until crispy on outside.
- Queso inside will remain creamy, but will not melt.
- Drain, then toss with Adobo seasoning.
- Top queso with blended guava sauce.
- Finish with fried garlic, salt, chives and lemon wedges.
Spanglish Craft Cocktail Bar & Kitchen
2808 N. Miami Ave.
Miami, FL 33127
Check out Spanglish at the South Beach Wine and Food Festival. Get tickets at www.sobewff.org.
Copyright 2020 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.