(WSVN) - Fried chicken sandwiches are a quick and easy mealtime favorite, but they can sometimes be a little too heavy, but there’s a way to lighten them up and keep them nice and crunchy! Let’s grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Isaac Perlman
The Restaurant: Perl, North Miami Beach
The Dish: Katsu Chicken Sandwich
3oz chicken breast
1 whole egg
1/2 cup AP flour
1/4 cup panko
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 slice swiss cheese
1 hoagie roll (preferably challah)
Ingredients for Cornichon Remoulade:
4 tbsp good quality mayo
1tsp dijon grain
1/2 tsp capers
1 tsp cornichons
1/2 tsp chives
1/2 tsp curly parsley
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp lemon zest
Ingredients for Cabbage Slaw:
1/2 cup green cabbage
2 tbsp green scallions
2 tbsp kimchee base
2 tbsp good quality mayo
2 tbsp rice vinegar
Method of Preparation:
- Pound chicken breast thinly and bread with flour, eggs and then breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry in 350F hot oil for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Season with salt immediately once fried.
Method of Preparation for Cornichon Remoulade:
- Chop all ingredients finely and mix thoroughly in a mixing bowl.
Method of Preparation for Cabbage Slaw:
- Shred the cabbage thinly and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Grill or heat up the bread, then spread remoulade on both sides of roll.
- Place chicken, then add 1 slice of room temp Swiss cheese.
- Top with cabbage slaw.
Perl by Chef IP
2420 NE 186th St Suite 100
North Miami Beach, FL 33180
Copyright 2021 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.