(WSVN) - Create some tropical vibes in your kitchen without having to fly all the way to Hawaii. That’s what’s cooking tonight, as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Roberto “Chef Koa” Dubois
The Restaurant: Esotico Miami
The Dish: Hawaiian Fried Rice
6 oz. red onion
6 oz. sweet mini pepper
6 oz. pineapple in small cubes
10 oz. shrimp
5 oz. crab meat
2 tbsp. curry powder
3 oz. vegetable oil
3 cups coconut rice
Half pineapple for serving
2 cup jasmine rice
1 cup water
1 cup coconut milk
Method of Preparation:
- In a pan add the vegetable oil, let it warm before adding red onion, sweet mini pepper, pineapple and shrimp.
- Stir until mixture is cooked, then add curry powder and precooked jasmine rice.
- Once rice is fully incorporated, add crab and salt to taste.
- Boil rice as normal with water coconut milk.
- Cook low fire for about 25 min.
Scoop rice into half pineapple.
1600 NE 1st Ave., Suite 102
Miami, FL 33132
Copyright 2019 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.