A South Florida chef is sharing a recipe that may have you eating more fish. Branzino is on the menu as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Manuel Bengochea
The Restaurant: Rouge on Miami Beach
The Dish: Branzino en Papillote
1 Whole Branzino- cut into two fillets
4 tbs. olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbs. Herbs de Provence
1 tbs. Ras el Hanout
1/4 cup sliced zucchini
1/4 cup sliced red bell pepper
1/4 cup sliced yellow squash
1/4 cup white mushrooms
1/4 cup grape tomatoes
juice of half a lemon
Method of Preparation:
– Put olive oil on a piece of parchment paper.
Place half of a Branzino fillet (or any white fish) in the oil and add the seasonings- salt, pepper, herbs de provence and Ras el Hanout- a moroccan spice blend which you can find in specialty stores or online. Add another drizzle of olive oil.
– Now add the veggies– on top of the fish put sliced zucchini, red bell pepper, yellow squash and white mushrooms. Add grape tomatoes and more of the same seasonings-
with another drizzle of olive oil and some lemon juice.
– Top with the other half of the Branzino fillet and a final pinch of all the seasonings.
– Now you just have to wrap the fish inside of the paper. Fold the top of the parchment paper- seal it and fold down the ends.
– Put the packet on a platter and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. And it’s done!!
Chef Manuel transfers the Branzino to a serving plate, opens it at the table and serves it as is.
Serving suggestion: Torrontés wine
908 71st St.
Miami Beach, Fl. 33141
Print the recipe, and bring it to Rouge for a complimentary dessert wine with your meal. The offer is good through March 10.