The Chef: Craig Stevens (with his Aunt Dorothy Lopes)
The Dish: Blueberry Muffins
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs (room temp)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk (whole or 2 %)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
Method of Preparation:
– Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and put paper cupcake holders into a muffin pan.
– In a large bowl, sift all-purpose flour with sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
– Add eggs to a bowl and beat well, then add the vegetable oil and milk and blend together.
– Make a well with the dry ingredients and then pour in the wet ingredients, mixing well with a large spoon until all ingredients are incorporated.
– Add vanilla extract and fresh or frozen blueberries and gently blend together.
– Fill the muffin cups almost to the top, then bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick- if it comes out clean, the muffins are ready!
Serve hot or at room temperature.
Serving suggestion: Coffee
Serves: This recipe makes about 16 muffins