PEMBROKE PINES, FLA. (WSVN) - Police have released the 911 calls following the fatal plane crash near North Perry Airport in Pembroke Pines that claimed the lives of three people, including a 4-year-old boy.

The 911 calls released on Wednesday give a new perspective of the tragedy that took place, Monday afternoon.

The 911 operator asked, “911, what’s the address of your emergency?”

A caller replied, “There’s a plane crash on 13th Street that was flying, it’s on fire. Landed right on the [inaudible]. It’s on fire, the plane!”

“Do not approach the aircraft or pick anything up, OK?” a 911 operator said to a caller.

“There is cars surrounding the aircraft,” the caller replied. “There’s people surrounding it.”

The two victims who were on board the plane and died have now been identified as 63-year-old Yaacov Nahom and 71-year-old Grant Hustad. Nahom was the registered owner of the Beechcraft Bonanza, and Hustad, according to friends, was an experienced pilot.

“He was a fastidious, detailed individual and the type of person that if you were in a plane, you’d want him to be your pilot,” Hustad’s friend Bill Ranney said.

According to Saul Suarez, one of Hustad’s friends, the 71-year-old bought and sold planes. He described Hustad as someone people would enjoy flying with.

“I went on two test flights in two different airplanes that I was considering purchasing,” Suarez said.

The small aircraft crashed into the SUV of 35-year-old Megan Bishop in the area of Southwest 72nd Avenue and 13th Street, leaving Bishop and her 4-year-old son Taylor hospitalized. Taylor later succumbed to his injuries.

Hustad’s friends said the boy’s loss would have overcome him had he survived the incident.

“I’m sure Grant is probably glad that he didn’t live because he would not be able to live with that because that’s the kind of man that he was,” Ranney said.

Bishop is a teacher’s assistant at Hollywood Hills Elementary School, which is close to the crash site.

The Broward County School Board held a moment of silence during one of their regularly scheduled meetings on Tuesday to honor the victims of the crash.

“Megan Bishop, also known as Kiki, was in the car with her son, Taylor. This little guy lit up the room, the most amazing comments to crack you up. Kiki was discharged last night, that was [Monday] night, and we really would like to remember her son who, unfortunately, passed away through this accident,” said one board member.

According to investigators, the Beechcraft was forced to turn back towards the airport moments after it took off. They said the aircraft suffered problems with its engine.

The aircraft would crash into Bishop’s SUV a few hundred feet short of one of the airport’s runways. The impact was captured on a neighbor’s Ring surveillance camera, and Instagram page Miami Problems posted the impact captured from Sharon Marquez’s home surveillance camera.

A small memorial has since been set up at the crash site.

Local pilot Lawrence Pratt stopped by the crash site to see what he could learn.

“Oh, tragic,” he said. “They’re having too many accidents around here, and I don’t know if they’re checking them out too fast or they’re too experienced. What kills you faster than anything is inexperience and panicking.”

As parts of the plane’s fuselage were towed away and fencing was replaced, neighbors in the area still have growing safety concerns.

“Very scary, very scary,” said one nearby resident.

“Accident here, the accident there — yeah, a lot of people are concerned about that,” said neighbor German Garzon.

The Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board continue to investigate the crash.

If you would like to donate to help support the family of 4-year-old Taylor, click here to be redirected to their GoFundMe page.

Copyright 2024 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox