Temperatures are on the way up. Sizzling readings will peak from Tuesday through Wednesday as our air turns out of the south. Of course, the humidity will also be rebounding with growing moisture for showers and storms. As the air heats up, expect greater instability along with the chance for thunderstorms. In south Florida, we’re very much in need of some rain (following a big deficit during the month of April). The "main weather player" throughout the midweek will be an approaching cold front. The proximity of the boundary (in our region) will allow for rounds of heavy downpours over the next couple of days. The latest forecast models and guidance suggest the possibility of 1 to 3 inches of accumulating rain until the front actually crosses, on Thursday. Looking ahead, then, Friday will be the day for lower humidity and brighter skies as much drier air builds back. A very pleasant pattern appears to be in the offing for Mother’s Day weekend. Milder temperatures will make for some nice feeling weather days!
- Photo of Georgia spring breaker picking up trash on Miami Beach goes viral
- Miami-Dade Walk For Wishes
- 5th earthquake strikes near Alabama-Florida state line
- Avenatti charged with trying to extort millions from Nike
- Alabama woman’s prayer closet only thing left standing after tornado destroys home
- More Trending Stories