(WSVN) - Florida oranges are the key to helping you grill up a perfect steak. That’s what’s cooking tonight as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Brian Wright
The Restaurant: Doc B’s Fresh Kitchen, Coral Gables
The Dish: Palm Beach Skirt Steak
4 each, 12 oz. skirt steak
2 cups gluten-free soy sauce
8 cups pineapple juice
2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
1 tbs. fresh minced garlic
½ cup light brown sugar
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
Method of Preparation:
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until incorporated.
- Reserve one cup of marinade for cooking procedure.
- Place four skirt steaks in a gallon Ziploc bag and add remaining marinade.
- Allow 24 hours for steaks to marinade in refrigerator.
- Place reserved marinade in small sauce pan and reduce to ½ cup, and reserve.
- Remove steaks from marinade and allow to drain to remove liquid.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Lightly brush grill grates with olive oil.
- Place steaks on grill and allow to cook for four minutes on each side to achieve medium (130 degrees Fahrenheit) temperature.
- Using a grill brush, glaze both sides of cooked steak with the reduced marinade.
Serve with french fries.
Signature “Beet”lejuice cocktail (CH Gin, all organic beet juice, mint, lemon)
Doc B’s Fresh Kitchen
301 Miracle Mile
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Copyright 2019 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.