You might say we’re making slow and slight progress in our weather. A small turn in winds has taken place (finally). It comes after several days of tropical air streaming our way from the south. Even with ocean winds now in place, it hasn’t resulted in much drying yet. On Wednesday, more storms easily popped up along the sea breeze. Meanwhile, additional scattered showers were drifting toward south Florida from the ocean. The rain chance won’t drop down too much in the short term. That’s because we’re eyeing a weak disturbance shifting out of the northwestern Bahamas. If this feature holds together, it will create some “instability rain and storms” through Thursday. It’s just a minor bump in the weather road, though. Beyond this area, we’ll likely find high pressure getting more established. The high should lead to more substantial times of drying. Even though rain will still be possible on a daily basis, it will be more limited. Also the time frame for possible showers will be more geared for the late night and early morning hours. Even during the upcoming weekend, there will be plenty of dry hours for outdoor plans. Just plan on typical summer heat and stifling humidity!
- New study names Florida highway the deadliest road in U.S.
- Prisoner accused of killing man serving life sentence for beating 2-day-old daughter to death
- Children in need create heartbreakingly simple Christmas wish lists
- Mother forces son to work on yards for free after being suspended from school
- Marlins’ Giancarlo Stanton named National League MVP
- Dozens of bulldogs rescued from apparent puppy mill seek new homes
- Rarely-seen ‘prehistoric’ shark caught in Atlantic Ocean
- Man accused of molesting 6-year-old boy falls to his death while trying to escape
- Woman caught crawling through McDonald’s drive-thru window to steal food, cash
- Museum of Ice Cream tickets set to go on sale ahead of Miami visit
- Universal Orlando to celebrate Christmas at ‘Wizarding World of Harry Potter’
- NutriBullet owners report severe burns, cut after devices burst
- More Trending Stories