LAUDERHILL, FLA. (WSVN) - A man has been rushed to the hospital after he was nearly electrocuted in Lauderhill.

The near electrocution happened along State Road Seven and Northwest 19th Street, at around 6:45 p.m., Tuesday.

Fire crews said the man fell around dozens of feet from a light pole and suffered third-degree burns.

The victim was taken to Broward Health Medical Center in critical condition.

Florida Power and Light officials said the victim was not a power worker, climbed up on his own and made contact with a live wire.

Copyright 2022 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox