MARGATE, FLA. (WSVN) - A driver is now in custody after leading authorities on a chase following a bank robbery in Margate.

According to FBI officials, a man robbed a TD Bank at 490 North State Road 7 in Margate just before 11:30 a.m. Thursday and fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of money.

Margate Police responded to the scene and spotted the man in a red Ford Mustang.

7SkyForce hovered over the Mustang as it drove along the southbound lanes of the Florida Turnpike near Hollywood Boulevard at over 130 miles per hour.

Just before noon, the Mustang made its way into Miami-Dade County.

The vehicle eventually exited State Road 826 at 27th Avenue in Northwest Miami-Dade and sped through a neighborhood.

The Mustang pulled up to a house along Kalandar Street and Kasim Street in Opa-Locka, crashing into the front gate.

“I heard something crash, and I didn’t know what it was,” said a teen.

The driver got out of the vehicle and appeared to be talking on the phone.

He then ran to the front steps of the home and someone opened the door let him in.

Moments later, he exited the home, went back to the car, grabbed something, and ran back inside the house.

Shortly after, authorities arrived at the scene.

“It’s just some action,” said Seandra Pennie.

Officers surrounded the home where a man opened the door and let officers inside.

“They was pointing guns at the door. They were about to shoot, so we opened up the door,” said Chanteria James.

James was one of six people in this house when she said her cousin she only identified as “Andre,” drove up in the Mustang, ran from police and into the residence filled with people.

“It’s just a lot,” said Pennie.

Pennie said she raced here to be with her daughter who was inside.

“I just know it was a chase,” said Pennie.

All the running and hiding was picked up by 7Skyforce and Ralph Rayburn on live TV.

“I saw him hit the gate,” said Pennie.

“He just ran in the house and sat down calmly,” said James. “Something’s not right.”

Moments after, the suspected driver was seen leaving the home in handcuffs. Everyone in the house is OK.

“The end goal is that no one was hurt, and I’m glad nobody was hurt,” said Pennie.

There is no word on who the man was taken into custody or the charges that he’ll be facing.

Copyright 2022 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox