(WSVN) - You don’t have to work all day in the kitchen to make an authentic Thai meal. Dinner can be done in just five minutes. Time to grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Sopanut Sopochana
The Restaurant: Eathai, Delray Beach
The Dish: Tom Yum Soup
17 oz chicken, vegetable to shrimp broth (whichever you prefer)
2 stalks lemongrass (peeled)
1/2 inch stalk of galangal (sliced)
5 kaffir lime leaves (tear in half) (or 4 tbsp of Tom Yum paste to substitute for lemongrass, galangal and lime leaves)
1 tsp chili paste
1/2 tsp sugar
3-4 oz peeled, devined shrimp
4 oz mushrooms (any kind you prefer)
1/2 red onion, sliced
1.5 oz fish sauce
2 oz fresh lime juice
Scallions and cilantro
1 oz sriracha
1 tsp dry chili peppers
Method of Preparation:
- Warm the broth in pot, then add lemongrass, galangal and lime leaves.
- Bring to boil and add red onions, sugar, chili paste, shrimp, mushrooms.
- Stir in fish sauce, lime juice and sriracha and chili peppers.
- Finish with scallions and cilantro.
- Ladle into bowl. Serve hot.
1832 S. Federal Highway
Delray Beach, FL 33483
Copyright 2021 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.