(WSVN) - Looking for a festive side dish for your next meal? That’s just what’s on the menu today, as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Belkys Nerey
The Dish: Sweet Roasted Carrots
2 lbs. carrots, washed and peeled
1/3 cup butter
3 tbs. honey
4 garlic cloves, minced
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
2 tbs. fresh chopped parsley
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking shoot with non-stick cooking oil spray and set aside.
- Trim the end of the carrots and cut into thirds.
- Slice down the middle and cut into carrot sticks.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Pour in honey and cook while stirring, until incorporated.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds- until fragrant. You can also do this in the microwave if you’d like.
- Add the carrots to the sauce and toss well.
- Bake carrots in oven for 40-50 minutes until butter and honey is caramelized.
To plate: Garnish with parsley
Copyright 2020 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.