(WSVN) - A South Florida chef with a recipe that will set your taste buds on fire. He makes a healthy dish with Jamaican spice. Time to grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Wayne Sharpe
The Restaurant: Jrk!, Aventura
The Dish: Jerk Quinoa
2 cups multicolored quinoa
1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
4 scallions, chopped
1/2 scotch bonnet pepper (habanero is a good alternative, if needed)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of water jerk seasoning
Method of Preparation:
- Rinse quinoa and sieve under water.
- Place quinoa and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover with lid and simmer until most of the liquid has been absorbed – between 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, fluff the quinoa with a fork to separate the grains.
- Put quinoa to chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet add one tablespoon of cooking oil to heat up to smoke point.
- Add all the other ingredients, then toss around for two minutes, add quinoa, charred lightly.
- Cover for 1 minute, turn off and serve.
(3rd floor of Treats Food Hall, Aventura Mall)
19565 Biscayne Blvd., Suite FH10
Aventura, FL 33180
Copyright 2021 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.