WSVN– Nothing is more all-American than a juicy hamburger. That’s what’s on the grill as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Erhan Ozkaya
The Restaurant: Wynwood Diner in Miami
The Dish: Diner Burger
4 oz. each ground short ribs, brisket and sirloin
2 Tbs. chopped Fresno chilies
2 Tbs. chopped scallion
2 slices Gruyere cheese
1 Tbs. spice blend: equal parts paprika, cayenne pepper, chili powder, salt and white pepper
3 Tbs. clarified butter
2 Brioche buns
Heirloom Tomato & Melon salad
1/4 sliced English cucumber
1/4 sliced red onion
1/4 cubed melon
2 quartered Heirloom tomatoes
2 Tbs. chopped parsley
2 Tbs. sorrel leaves
2 Tbs. micro mint
3 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
pinch Maldon sea salt (or Kosher)
Method of Preparation:
– Blend ground meat together by hand…and then make a burger patty. Add a spice blend- equal parts paprika, cayenne pepper, chili powder, salt and white pepper.
– Put clarified butter on a hot griddle (high heat) and add the hamburger patty. Next to the hamburger, add scallions and fresno peppers and let it all cook together in the butter for several minutes. Add salt- and when the hamburger is brown on the bottom… turn it over. It usually 6-7 minutes per side, depending on the size of the patty.
– When the the onions and peppers start to get soft, put them on top of the burger. Add a slice of Gruyere cheese and let it melt.
– Slice a Brioche bun and toast it in butter on the griddle. Chef Erhan finishes the burger on the grill to give it a smokey flavor..but you can finish on the stove top as well..
– To make the salad- toss together sliced cucumber, red onion, melon, Heirloom tomatoes, chopped parsley, sorrel leaves and micro mint. Add a pinch of Maldon salt. Add olive oil and red wine vinegar and toss again.
– Plate the burger on the bun with butter lettuce tossed in red wine vinaigrette and a sprinkle of the spice blend. Serve with the Heirloom tomato and Melon salad.
Serving Suggestion: Rebel Rouser Cocktail
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
2601 NW 2nd Ave.
Miami, FL 33127 |