(WSVN) - A South Florida chef spices things up in the kitchen. He shows us how to turn risotto into a South American fusion dish. Time to grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Beto Quiroz
The Restaurant: Bravo! Peruvian Cuisine, Fort Lauderdale
The Dish: Quinotto with Grilled Salmon
1 lb. Salmon filets
3 cups Cooked quinoa
1/2 cup Chopped onions
2 tbsp. Aji amarillo paste
1 tbsp. Garlic puree
1/2 cup Heavy cream
6 stalks Asparagus (grilled)
Salt and pepper
Method of Preparation for Quinotto:
- Heat olive oil and onion in a pan oil and until onion is soft and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute longer before adding the pre-cooked quinoa and occasionally stirring.
- Add aji amarillo paste, salt and pepper; simmer 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream. Start with about 1/2 of it and add as much as needed; add the full amount for a rich and creamy quinotto.
- Turn off the heat and adjust seasonings. Add more salt if needed.
- The quinotto will thicken as it sits. If this happens, add in a splash or two of vegetable broth.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
Method of Preparation for Salmon:
- Season filets with salt and pepper and sear.
- Turn after 4-7 minutes or until filets reach the desire temperature.
- Serve the quinotto topped with the grilled salmon and grilled asparagus as garnish.
Bravo! Peruvian Cuisine
2925 NE 6th Ave.
Wilton Manors, FL 33334
Copyright 2019 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.