Toddler suffers severe burns in cooking incident

MIAMI (WSVN) - A toddler was rushed to the hospital after she was badly burned in a cooking incident, Tuesday night.

According to Miami Fire Rescue, the incident occurred at her home, near Southwest 16th Street and 32nd Avenue in Miami.

Officials said the family was cooking when the little girl reached for a pot. The pot then fell on the toddler.

“A mother and father were cooking in their house when their 14-month-old daughter reached up for a pot that had some boiling water in it,” said Miami Fire Rescue spokesperson Ignatius Carroll.  “Now, once the child reached for the pot it tipped over on to her and caused some severe burns to her little body.”

The toddler suffered significant burns and was transported to Ryder Trauma Center.

Her condition is unknown.

Copyright 2017 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.