(WSVN) - If you’re looking for a scary treat for the kids this Halloween, you’ve come to the right place! That’s what’s on the menu as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Belkys Nerey
The Dish: Halloween Mummy Hot Dogs
1 can Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dough
2 1/2 slices American cheese
10 large hot dogs
mustard or ketchup
Method of Preparation:
– Heat oven to 375 degrees.
– Unroll dough. Separate at perforations, creating four rectangles. Press perforations to make the edges smooth.
– With a knife or pizza cutter, slice each rectangle lengthwise into 10 pieces. Slice cheese slices into quarters.
– Wrap four pieces of dough around each hot dog and 1/4 slice of cheese to look like bandages, stretching dough slightly to completely cover each hotdog. About 1/2 inch from one end of the hot dog, separate bandages so the hot dog shows through so you can make a face later. On an ungreased cookie sheet, place wrapped hot dogs cheese side down and spray dough lightly with cooking spray.
– Bake 13-17 minutes until dough is golden brown and hot dogs are hot. Let cool a few minutes, and then in the face area, add “eyes” or other features with ketchup or mustard.
Serve with your favorite chips and a big Halloween smile! The kids will love this one!
Copyright 2016 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.