OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A former Oklahoma inmate is suing authorities he says refused treatment for a painful erection that lasted nearly four days.
The lawsuit filed for 32-year-old Dustin Lance says the erection began Dec. 16 after he swallowed an unidentified pill he got from another inmate. He wasn’t taken to a hospital until Dec. 19.
Lance seeks $5 million from Pittsburg County, the county sheriff and others, claiming Lance’s constitutional and civil rights were violated and that his injury is irreparable.
The lawsuit claims Lance let jail staff know the next day that he was in “unbearable pain” caused by the erection.
Instead of helping Lance, the suit claims, jail officials mocked him and did not transport him to a local hospital until four days after he swallowed the pill.
The county is about 130 miles southeast of Oklahoma City.
Lance had been jailed on burglary and drug possession charges. His condition now is not known, although his lawyer, Jon Williford, said Friday that Lance is alive.
County officials could not be reached for comment on the suit.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.