WESTON, Fla. (WSVN) — Crews came to the rescue of three dogs in Weston after what started as a kitchen fire destroyed a home, Sunday afternoon.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue responded to the scene of the blaze near Park Ridge Street and Waters Edge Street, just after 2 p.m.
Firefighters rescued the dogs from the burning home and gave them CPR.
Next door neighbor Vanessa DeFreitas-Hansen told 7News the fire intensified after crews pulled the canines to safety. “The fire just got worse and worse and worse,” she said. “They tried to get inside, but they could not take care of the fire from the inside, so they left, and there’s still some fire going on there. They’re doing a good job, but it’s going to be probably a house that they cannot use any longer.”
The house was indeed declared a total loss. Officials said the cause of the fire was electrical.
Three firefighters were treated for smoke inhalation, and one of them sustained a hand injury.
Copyright 2018 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.