KEY BISCAYNE, FLA. (WSVN) - A 3-year-old girl is dealing with a painful problem after a day at the beach on Key Biscayne.
Anais Monteagudo, the child’s mother, said the toddler is suffering from a serious bacterial infection after spending just a few hours on the sand and in the water last weekend.
Monteagudo said her daughter ended up in the hospital a few days later.
Health officials had issued a no swim advisory at that beach the week before after unsafe levels of bacteria were detected.
Copyright 2019 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.