(WSVN) - Below is a list of locations to pick up sandbags in preparation for Hurricane Irma in South Florida. This list will be updated as information becomes available.
- Public Works Yard at 451 Dade Blvd. in Miami Beach and at 5th Street and Ocean Drive on Thursday. For Miami Beach residents with ID. Ten bags allotted per family.
- North Miami Motor Pool at 1855 NE 142nd St. on from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. while supplies last. For North Miami residents. Six bags per resident.
- Adonel Concrete at 2101 NW 110th Ave. in Sweetwater Thursday and Friday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Bring your own bags to fill sand.
- For residents that bring their own sandbags and shovels beginning on Thursday at 8:30 a.m., sand will be available at these locations in District 9:
- Goulds Park at 11350 SW 216th St.
- Country Star/Cambridge Estates at 28350 SW 136th Place
- Las Palmas at Krome Avenue and 200th Street
- South Miami Heights/Oak Park (Roberta Hunter Park) at Southwest 117th Avenue and Southwest 208th Street
- Serena Lakes Park at 13965 SW 180th Street
- Eureka Villas Park at 14301 SW 180th Terrace
- Homestead Sports Complex, at 1601 SE 28th Ave., and Roby George Park, at 201 SW 11th Ave., will distribute at most 10 sandbags per Homestead resident on Thursday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Proof of residency is required.
- Sweetwater Public Works at 1701 NW 110 Ave. for those that show proof of residency. Limited to six bags per household.
- Second location for Miami Beach sandbag distribution at 79th Street & Collins Avenue for residents who provide ID. Open until 7 p.m. or until sand runs out.
- 200 Goolsby Blvd. in Deerfield Beach, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday (or while supplies last). Ten bags per household. Bring proof of residency (Deerfield Beach) and photo ID.
- Mills Pond Park at 2201 NW 9th Ave. will distribute sandbags, limit of five bags per vehicle on first-come, first-serve basis. Must show proof of Fort Lauderdale residency with driver’s license or ID card. Residents must bag sand themselves.
- Hallandale Beach DPW Compound at 630 NW 2nd St. will distribute at most six bags per person at noon, Thursday, to Hallandale Beach residents and business owners. Proof of Hallandale Beach residency required. Business owners may use business tax receipt to show proof of business location.
- Oakland Park Public Works Department at 5100 NE 12th Terrace will distribute sandbags on Wednesday to Oakland Park residents and businesses with proof of Oakland Park residency. At most 10 bags per person.
- Pompano Beach Public Works Trash Transfer Station at 1400 NE 3rd Ave. until supplies last. Residents will need to fill their own bags, max of five bags per resident.
- Three Miramar locations will distribute sandbags at noon, Thursday. A 10-bag maximum per household for those who provide proof of Miramar residency.
- Miramar Multi-Service Center at 6700 Miramar Parkway
- Miramar Adult Daycare Facility at 8915 Miramar Parkway
- Sunset Lakes Community Center at 2801 SW 186th Ave.
- Stanford and Sons in Pompano Beach at 1081 NW 12th Terrace distributing sandbags until supplies last.
- Veterans Park in Margate at 7044 NW 1st St. Thursday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Bring your ID with proof of Margate residency. Ten bags allotted per household.
Copyright 2018 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.