(WSVN) - Below is a list of locations to pick up sandbags in preparation for Hurricane Irma in South Florida. This list will be updated as information becomes available.
- Public Works Yard at 451 Dade Blvd. in Miami Beach and at 5th Street and Ocean Drive on Thursday. For Miami Beach residents with ID. Ten bags allotted per family.
- North Miami Motor Pool at 1855 NE 142nd St. on from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. while supplies last. For North Miami residents. Six bags per resident.
- Adonel Concrete at 2101 NW 110th Ave. in Sweetwater Thursday and Friday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Bring your own bags to fill sand.
- For residents that bring their own sandbags and shovels beginning on Thursday at 8:30 a.m., sand will be available at these locations in District 9:
- Goulds Park at 11350 SW 216th St.
- Country Star/Cambridge Estates at 28350 SW 136th Place
- Las Palmas at Krome Avenue and 200th Street
- South Miami Heights/Oak Park (Roberta Hunter Park) at Southwest 117th Avenue and Southwest 208th Street
- Serena Lakes Park at 13965 SW 180th Street
- Eureka Villas Park at 14301 SW 180th Terrace
- Homestead Sports Complex, at 1601 SE 28th Ave., and Roby George Park, at 201 SW 11th Ave., will distribute at most 10 sandbags per Homestead resident on Thursday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Proof of residency is required.
- Sweetwater Public Works at 1701 NW 110 Ave. for those that show proof of residency. Limited to six bags per household.
- Second location for Miami Beach sandbag distribution at 79th Street & Collins Avenue for residents who provide ID. Open until 7 p.m. or until sand runs out.
Copyright 2019 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.