Firefighters respond to gas leak in Hillsboro Beach

HILLSBORO BEACH, FLA. (WSVN) – Firefighters conducted a gas burn-off after a gas leak was found in Hillsboro Beach.

Broward Sheriff’s Office Fire Rescue along with Hazardous Material crews responded to a condo near Southeast 10th Street and Ocean Drive on Wednesday morning and evacuated residents.

Firefighters determined that the gas leak was caused by a malfunctioning gas relief valve attached to an underground tank.

A safe and controlled gas release was conducted, and residents in the area were able to return to their homes afterwards.

There were no injuries reported.

Copyright 2019 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.