DAVIE, FLA. (WSVN) - The Davie Fire Rescue Department responded to the scene of a gas leak at a shopping center.

A construction crew was working at the shipping center at 2275 S. University Drive, Monday morning.

According to the fire department, workers accidentally broke the underground gas lines, which caused the leak.

Both the shopping center and nearby residences were evacuated.

Copyright 2022 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox