Victim speaks out against bond release for convicted child molester

The victim of convicted child molester Dr. Augustine Bollo spoke in court, Wednesday, against Bollo’s request to be released on bond before his sentencing.

“He’s been convicted as a child molester,” said the victim, Wednesday. “This is not an alleged act anymore. It’s convicted. He no longer holds his innocence. I don’t think it’s safe for him to be out in the community.”

Friends and family of Bollo also took the stand in court to say that Bollo was a good person who should be released on bond. Last week, Bollo was found guilty of molesting his babysitter, who was 15 at the time.

The convicted molester’s wife, Jacqueline Bollo, said that there hasn’t been much “fallout” for their medical practice since his conviction, but that they need him out of jail to get their affairs in order.

When asked by the prosecution if they had reported Bollo’s conviction as a child molester to the Florida Department of Health, as required by law, Jacqueline said they had not.

“You never know what else he can do,” said the victim. “I don’t think he should be left alone in his house with two daughters who are close to the age that I was when this occurred.”

The victim also said she doesn’t want to run into Bollo if he is allowed on bond.

Bollo faces up to 15 years in jail.

Copyright 2017 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.