1 hospitalized after fire sparks in Miami Gardens home

MIAMI GARDENS, FLA. (WSVN) - One man was rushed to the hospital after, officials said, he suffered burns when a fire broke out inside a home in Miami Gardens, Sunday afternoon.

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue responded to the scene of the blaze along Northwest 23rd Avenue and 194th Street, just after 12:30 p.m.

Crews quickly put out the flames.

However, the victim inside the home needed to be transported to Ryder Trauma Center for burns that covered more than 20 percent of his body.

The American Red Cross was called to attend to the remaining four residents in the home

Officials have not yet confirmed how the fire started.

Copyright 2016 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus