PALM SPRINGS, Calif. (AP) — A southern California resident has been hospitalized after being stung by bees more than 100 times.
The Desert Sun reported Saturday that the person was transported to a hospital after being stung in Banning.
The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection says the person was stung around 12:25 p.m. Saturday in the city about 23 miles (37 kilometers) west of Palm Springs.
Authorities say another person had a small number of stings and refused treatment by responders at the scene about 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) north of Interstate 10.
The second victim drove to the hospital.
Neither of the victims were identified and their medical conditions were not known Saturday.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.