The Chef & Owner: Nancy Cajaraville
The Restaurant: S & S Diner South
The Dish: S & S Chili
- 1.5 lbs. of ground sirloin beef
- 4 Tbs. of tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped small
- 1 green pepper, chopped small
- 3 cups of tomato juice
- 8 cups of red kidney beans
- 3 tsp. of chili powder
- 3 tsp. of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, to garnish
Method of Preparation:
- Start by browning the beef. When it is partially brown, add in the tomato paste.
- Next, wait until the beef is fully cooked. Then, add in the chopped onions and green peppers.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- After, add the tomato juice and red kidney beans.
- For extra spice, add chili powder and crushed red pepper. Stir it all together.
- To finish, let the chili come to a boil. Then, lower it to a simmer. The chili will cook for about three hours.
Top the chili with cheddar cheese and diced onions.
Serving Suggestion: Vanilla Milk Shake
Serves: About 6
Take a printed copy of the recipe to the restaurant and receive 15% off your check.
S & S Diner South
(inside Allen’s Drug Store)
400 SW 57th Ave
Miami, FL 33155