We need to do a little rain dance to get some here in South Florida… It is SO dry and now the East coast of Miami-Dade and Broward counties have been placed under extreme drought status. We are getting close to dangerously low water levels! 

Long range computer models continue to insist that next week South Florida could see some measurable rain. If the models are right, starting Monday we will need to have our umbrellas handy. Rain chances will be up to a 40% through Wednesday. In comparison to the 20% chance we have had this week, 40% sounds promising. 


Have a wonderful weekend South Florida and make it a safe one! 

Vivian Gonzalez 

Meteorologist, AMS 

WSVN Channel 7 

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox