(WSVN) - The 2018 Florida midterm elections are finally here and results are slowly coming in throughout the state.
The following are the incoming results for highly contested seats and issues affecting South Florida.
- Rick Scott announces win for Florida Senator, unseating three-term incumbent Bill Nelson.
- Democrat Andrew Gillum concedes Florida governor’s race to Republican Ron DeSantis.
- Republican-appointed incumbent Jimmy Patronis elected Florida’s chief financial officer.
- Broward County approves penny tax for transportation.
- Florida votes to require death benefits for first responders, make it harder to raise university fees.
- There will not be a new municipality in Northeast Miami-Dade with “no” votes winning by 100 votes.
- Democrat Debbie Mucarsel-Powell ousts Republican Rep. Carlos Curbelo from US House seat in Florida race.
- Republican former Judge Ashley Moody elected Florida’s attorney general.
- Florida bans offshore oil drilling and use of electronic cigarettes in enclosed workplaces.
- Florida voters approve constitutional amendment restoring voting rights to most felons.
- Florida votes to ban greyhound racing by 2021, signaling possible end of the sport in U.S.
- Florida bans public officials from taking paid lobbying jobs until six years after they’ve completed service.
- Florida voters approve constitutional amendment measure limiting future casinos outside Indian reservations.
- For a full list of the results of the amendments visit this link.
- 60 percent vote yes for the City of Miami to allow for the construction of a soccer stadium complex at the Melreese Country Club.
- Donna Shalala, ex-Cabinet secretary for President Bill Clinton, wins US House seat in Florida, turns it Democratic.
- Democratic US Rep. Ted Deutch was elected to a fifth term in the Florida district representing parts of Broward and Palm Beach counties.
- Democratic US Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz was re-elected for an eighth House term in Florida’s 23rd District.
- Republican US Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart was elected for another House term in Florida’s 25th District.
Copyright 2020 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.