WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Palm Beach County officials say President-elect Donald Trump has dropped a lawsuit he filed last year to keep jets from flying over his private South Florida club.
The Palm Beach Post reports that County Attorney Denise Nieman emailed commissioners about the lawsuit Monday afternoon.
Nieman says Trump’s attorneys contacted her to say they are dropping the lawsuit, which claimed the historic Mar-A-Lago was being irreparably harmed by air traffic from Palm Beach International Airport.
The lawsuit being dropped might not be a complete victory for the county. Airports Director Bruce Pelly says he has already been meeting with the Secret Service about steps that will have to be taken to keep air traffic away from Mar-A-Lago when Trump is visiting.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.