The Chef: Felix Plasencia
The Restaurant: Bulla Gastrobar
The Dish: Octopus Salad
- 3 oz. octopus
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 Tbs. of fresh parsley, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz. of heirloom tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 4 oz. cucumber, diced small
- 1/2 of a galician bread loaf, toasted lightly and cut in small pieces (may use croutons instead)
- 3 Tbs. of red onion, julienned
- black pepper, to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Start by seasoning the octopus with salt, fresh parsley, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
- Grill the octopus for about two minutes on each side.
- Then, start making the salad. In a mixing bowl, combine heirloom tomatoes with cucumber, salt, galician bread, a little extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and red onion.
Serve the salad and top it with the grilled octopus. Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, black pepper and sea salt.
Serving Suggestion: Albariño
Take a printed copy of the recipe to the restaurant and receive a complimentary glass of red sangria.
2500 Ponce de Leon Blvd.
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Coral Gables Restaurant Week