COCONUT CREEK, Fla. (WSVN) — A 5-year-old boy has been reunited with his aunt after, police said, he was snatched from his Coconut Creek home by his own mother.

According to officials, 5-year-old Julian Kiley was found in good condition after his mother, 29-year-old Tiffany Kiley, turned herself into police in Leesburg, Fla., at around 9:45 a.m., Monday. Coconut Creek Police detectives located Tiffany at 4345 Corley Island Road, and Florida Department of Law Enforcement agents responded to the location. That is when they came in contact with Tiffany, her son and an acquaintance of Tiffany’s.

Police said the boy had been kidnapped by his mother from his aunt’s home, located along the 4000 block of Northwest 62nd Court, at around 12 a.m., Monday. A statewide Amber Alert was issued hours later.

Julian’s aunt, Stephanie Kiley, appeared at a custody hearing, Monday, and was relieved to hear mother and child were both found OK. "She just was very determined to get her child and leave," she said. "It was a true nightmare, to be honest with you."

Stephanie said her sister kidnapped Julian from her home while he was sleeping. "I went upstairs, and then I came back down, got something to drink, and next thing I know my sister had broken in," she said.

"I ran after my sister down the street. Next thing I know, I was getting hit by this vehicle, trying to stop it, with Virginia plates," Stephanie continued.

According to Stephanie, her sister lost custody of Julian earlier this month due to a drug problem. Family members said Tiffany also has a history of mental illness.

Julian has been living with his aunt for the past two weeks. Both the mother and aunt were supposed to appear in court Monday. "I had temporary custody till 9 a.m. this morning. I was supposed to get him to be full custody," said Stephanie. "All we wanted is my sister to get help, help for her to get healthy … but right now she’s not doing good."

Julian and his mother were believed to have been accompanied by a white male in a silver Toyota pickup truck. That man was later identified as Ronald Rouse. Stephanie believes they were headed north to Massachusetts, where Tiffany is from.

Tiffany and Rouse were taken into custody and transported to the Lake County Jail. Tiffany is being charged with interference with custody of a minor and burglary of an occupied dwelling.

After her arrest, an emotional Tiffany phoned into a court hearing. "What’s going to happen with me?" she asked a Florida Department of Children and Families official.

"Honestly, I don’t know. We’re going to work with you, though, OK?" replied the official.

Tiffany said she just wants to be reunited with her son. "I’m, like, scared. I don’t want to go to jail. I just want to get my kid home," she said.

DCF took custody of Julian and returned him to his aunt, who has primary custody.

A tearful Stephanie expressed her gratitude toward those responsible for her nephew’s safe return. "Thank you, everybody, for your prayers. Thank you, everybody, for your help, for looking for him," she said. "Thank you for all your text messages, phone calls, everything that you guys have done."

Tiffany is being held without bond. She will eventually be brought back to Broward County to face kidnapping charges.

The investigation is ongoing.

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox