(WSVN) - Here is a list of what’s opened and closed due to Tropical Storm Eta.
Schools and Universities
- Miami-Dade Public Schools has cancelled both in-person and online classes on Monday. The district will make a decision Monday afternoon on Tuesday classes.
- Florida International University has cancelled both in-person and online classes on Monday. All FIU campuses and facilities will reopen on Tuesday.
- The University of Miami has switched to online instruction. UM students with clinical rotations are advised to follow the guidance provided by their clinical sites.
- Miami Dade College has suspended all classes and college operations on Sunday and Monday.
- The Archdiocese of Miami announced that all elementary and high schools in Miami-Dade and Broward counties will be closed on Monday. This includes virtual classes.
- Florida Career College’s Miami and Hialeah campuses are closed on Monday.
- Broward County Public Schools announced they have cancelled both in-person and online classes on Monday. Plans for beyond Monday have not yet been released.
- Broward College has cancelled all online, remote and in-person classes through Monday. Classes are expected to resume on Tuesday.
- Florida Career College’s Pembroke Pines, Lauderdale Lakes and Margate Florida Career College campuses will open at 11 a.m.
- The Monroe County School District has cancelled all online and in-person classes on Monday. Classes are expected to resume Tuesday.
Courts and Government Offices
- The United States District Courthouses in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Fort Pierce and Key West, including Bankruptcy and Probation, will be closed on Monday. The courthouses will reopen when the school systems in those counties reopen or upon further order of Chief United States District Judge K. Michael Moore.
- All Miami-Dade Courts will be closed on Monday. All hearings, including remote hearings, scheduled for Monday, November 9th, are cancelled with the exception of bond/first appearance hearings. Courts are expected to reopen on Tuesday.
- Baptist Hospital, Bethesda Hospital East, Bethesda Hospital West, Boca Raton Regional Hospital, Doctors Hospital, Homestead Hospital, Mariners Hospital, South Miami Hospital and West Kendall Baptist Hospital are open and operating on normal schedules.
- Fishermen’s Community Hospital will close as of 7 p.m. Sunday, and is expected to reopen on Monday, weather permitting.
- Baptist Health Urgent Care Centers will close at 7 p.m. Sunday, with the exception of two 24-hour locations in Doral and West Kendall, which will remain open.
- Elective surgeries/outpatient procedures at Fishermen’s Community Hospital and Mariners Hospital are cancelled for Monday.
- Baptist Health Medical Group offices in Monroe County will be closed on Monday.
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International and North Perry airports remain operational. At FLL, there are some flight delays and cancellations due to stormy weather. Please check with your airline.
- Florida Keys Marathon International and Key West International airports have closed. Officials said they will be reevaluating the situation Monday morning.
- Tri-Rail service will remain suspended on Monday, November 9, and until further notice.
Parks and Beaches
- All Broward Parks will close at 5 p.m. Sunday and will reopen on Tuesday, Nov. 10.
- Zoo Miami will be closed on Sunday and Monday.
- All Publix supermarkets in Monroe County have closed until further notice. The Publix on Fifth Street and Alton Road in Miami Beach has closed until further notice.
- All Publix supermarkets in the southern part of Miami-Dade County and on the beaches are scheduled to close at 7 p.m. until further notice. For more information on revised store hours and closings, click here.
This list will be updated as more information comes in.
Copyright 2024 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.