TAMARAC. FLA. (WSVN) - Some Broward residents have lost power after a transformer caught fire in Tamarac, Tuesday evening.

A viewer-submitted video shows sparks flying over the transformer at around 9:45 p.m.

Tamarac officials said that the fire was out by the time crews arrived.

FPL crews are currently working to restore power to those affected by the incident.

Copyright 2022 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox