SWMD home catches fire with people inside

SOUTHWEST MIAMI-DADE, FLA. (WSVN) - A Southwest Miami-Dade home caught fire, Thursday.

According to Miami-Dade Fire Rescue, the home was abandoned, but there were squatters inside when the flames began.

Heavy smoke poured out of the duplex on Southwest 224th Street, near South Dixie Highway.

Everyone inside was safely evacuated, as fire crews extinguished the flames.

An investigation has begun into how the fire started.

Copyright 2018 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.