MIAMI (WSVN) - Miami-Dade Police has dedicated March to their safety initiative for bicyclists.
Miami-Dade Police partnered with the Florida Department of Transportation and the University of South Florida to enhance their bicycle and pedestrian safety initiatives. March marks Florida Bicycle Month, as well.
In a FDOT flyer, they listed bicycle safety tips that include:
- Always wear a properly-fitted helmet when you ride
- Be visible. Position yourself in the lane so others can see you
- Ride in the same direction of traffic on the street
- Always use a headlight and taillight at night
- Obey all traffic signs, signals and lane markings
Police said they will continue issuing warnings and citations to those disobeying laws on the road.
Copyright 2018 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.