Model airplane sparks fire in Margate home

MARGATE, FLA. (WSVN) - A model airplane sparked a fire in the garage of a Margate home, Tuesday,

A dog lost its life in the fire that ignited near Southwest 63rd Terrace and Fifth Street.

Fuel that was stored in the model plane caused an explosion, which started the fire.

The fire also burned a hole in the roof of the garage.

Copyright 2018 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.