(WSVN) - In anticipation of Subtropical Storm Nicole making landfall in South Florida, cities in Miami-Dade and Broward County will begin distributing sandbags in multiple locations on Tuesday.
- A sandbag filling station will open Tuesday from 10 a.m. until sans runs at the Miami Springs Community Center (1401 Westward Drive). Residents must show proof of residency and bring their own bags. Sandbags will not be provided. Limit 5 per household.
- A drive-thru sandbag distribution site will be open for residents Tuesday at 11 a.m. at 2111 Collins Avenue until 6 p.m. or when the sand supply runs out. The location has a machine that fills sandbags and there is a limit of 4 per household. Residents must show residency proof via a government-issued ID or utility bill.
Sunny Isles Beach
- Sandbags will be available Tuesday for Sunny Isles Beach residents with a valid resident ID card under the William Lehman Causeway at 19160 Collins Avenue from 7 a.m. – 9 a.m. Limit 6 sandbags per household.
City of Pompano Beach
- Sandbag distribution will begin on Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Pompano Beach Airpark at 1660 NE 10th St. The bags are free for Pompano Beach residents with a maximum of 10 bags per household. Proof of residency will be required.
- Distribution for residents only will begin at 7 a.m. and continue until 7 p.m. at Mils Pond at 2201 NW 9th Ave.
- Sandbags are available for residents only starting at 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. at 210 Goolsby Blvd. Limit 10 bags per household.
- Sandbags are available to Oakland Park residents for self-service pick-up while supplies last at the Public Works Facility at 5100 NE 12th Terrace. Sandbags are provided with proof of Oakland Park residency in limited quantity.
- Two locations will be open from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. for residents only with valid proof of residency at Veterans Park (7600 NW 50th St.) and Wolk Park (1080 NW 42nd Way).
- Sandbag distribution will begin on Tuesday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 6301 Northeast Second Avenue.
- Sandbag distribution will begin on Tuesday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 1550 Northwest 37th Avenue.
- Sandbag distribution will begin on Tuesday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 2755 Southwest 37th Avenue.
North Miami Beach
- Sandbag distribution will begin on Tuesday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. at City of North Miami Beach Fleet Maintenance Building located at 1965 Northeast 151st Street, North Miami Beach, FL 33162. Driving directions to enter the sandbag distribution site: Enter on West Dixie and Northeast 154st Street. Turn right on Northeast 154st Street & Norhteast 21st Avenue. Then turn right on Northeast 151st Street.
- A self-sandbag station will be open at 10 a.m. Tuesday until supplies last at Woodville Park (SW 83rd Ave and McNab Road). Limit 5 bags per car. Proof of residency is required.
- Sandbag distribution will begin Tuesday at 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Pembroke Pines Health Park (1001 Poinciana Drive) and William B. Armstrong/Spring Valley Park (1700 NW 160th Avenue). Proof of residency is required. Limit 5 bags per household.
North Bay Village
- Sandbags will be distributed to residents starting Wednesday at 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 1841 Galleon St.
Copyright 2024 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.