NORTH BAY VILLAGE, FLA. (WSVN) - Residents in a high rise were forced out due to a small fire in North Bay Village Monday evening.

Miami Dade Fire Rescue and North Bay Police were on the scene just before 7:45 p.m. as residents were evacuated from the highrise located on West Drive near 79th Street Causeway.

Officials report the small fire was caused by a burning pot on a stove.

One person was treated for smoke inhalation but was not transported to the hospital.

Residents were allowed back into the building.

Copyright 2024 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox