(WSVN) - Independence Day lands on a Sunday this year and cities across South Florida are hosting events.
Here is a list of Fourth of July events taking place in Miami-Dade and Broward on Sunday.
- Homestead: The City of Homestead will host the July 4th Drive-In Celebration on Sunday, July 4 at Homestead-Miami Speedway, located at 1 Ralph Sanchez Speedway Blvd. Parking opens at 7 p.m. and the fireworks show starts at 9 p.m. Guests are encouraged to pack dinner, snacks and drinks.
- Key Biscayne: The 62nd Annual Key Biscayne 4th of July Parade will go down Crandon Blvd from Harbor Drive to West Wood Drive, starting at 11 a.m. The Key Biscayne fireworks have been canceled.
- Miami: The 4th of July Celebration will take place from 3:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. at Jose Marti Park, located at 351 SW 4th Ave. There will be no fireworks.
- Doral: Doral residents can get free tickets to the Independence Day Celebration at the Trump National Hotel. No on-site tickets will be sold. Guests can bring picnic blankets, hats, clear bags, umbrellas, one bottle of water per person and cameras for the event starting at 7 p.m. Food and beverage will be for sale onsite.
- Hialeah: Enjoy music from Latin Grammy Award winners Gente De Zona, plus Amaury Gutierrez and DJs Yus, Nancy Starr, A10 and Saroza at the Hialeah Independence Day Celebration, which includes a fireworks and laser display. Food trucks will be on site to sell food and beverages. The event takes place from 4 p.m. through 11 p.m. at Milander Park, 4700 Palm Ave.
- Miami Lakes: A family-friendly event that includes food trucks, an LED wall screen, the Sound Wave Entertainment Vehicle and fireworks will take place from 7 p.m. through 10 p.m. at Miami Lakes Picnic Park West, 15151 NW 82nd Ave. General admission is free and guests can register in advance here.
- Miami Springs: A fireworks show will be held at Miami Springs Golf and Country Club, 650 Curtiss Parkway, at 8 p.m. on July 4. Admission is free.
- Deerfield Beach: The City of Deerfield Beach Parks and Recreation Department will be hosting a Fourth of July Drive-in Fireworks display on Sunday, July 4th at Quiet Waters Park (401 Powerline Rd.). Deerfield Beach Residents will have early access into Quiet Waters park through the Powerline Road entrance starting at 3:00 p.m., proof of residency needed. Non-residents will have access to the park beginning at 5:00 p.m., through the Powerline Road entrance. Guests are encouraged to bring their own food and drinks. There will be no vendors or entertainment on-site.
- Davie: The Town of Davie will host the annual Independence Day Fun on the 4th event at the Bamford Sports Complex/Pine Island Park, located at 3801 S. Pine Island Road, on Sunday, July 4, 2021, from 6 to 9 p.m. The event is for Davie residents only. The event is free and residents must pre-register by calling 954-327-3941. Walk-ins will not be permitted.
- Pompano Beach: The City of Pompano Beach will be hosting a Fireworks Extravaganza on Sunday, July 4th. The event at Fisher Family Pier, 222 N. Pompano Beach Blvd, will start at 5:30 p.m. The virtual event will be livestreamed at 8:30 p.m. and can be viewed on the city’s website, Facebook page and the city’s YouTube channel. Fireworks will start at 9 p.m. Blankets and lawn chairs are welcome but personal fireworks, glass containers, alcohol, personal drones and pets are prohibited. Parking is available at the end of Atlantic Blvd and A1A as well as the Pier garage.
- Coral Springs: The city will host an event on Sunday, July 4 at Mullins Park, located at 10000 Ben Geiger Dr. Personal fireworks, alcoholic beverages and pets are not permitted. The event begins at 5 p.m. and admission is free. Food trucks will be on-site for guests to purchase refreshments. For more information, please call 954-345-2200.
- Margate: The City of Margate will host a Fourth of July event that is free and open to the public. At 9 a.m., a parade will take place. Following the parade, the MCRA will provide refreshments and fun obstacle courses for eventgoers to enjoy. From 1-5 p.m., Calypso Cove Aquatic Facility, located at 6200 Royal Palm Boulevard, will host a Fourth of July Pool Party. Admission is $4 for Margate residents and $7 for non-residents. Starting at 5 p.m., families can enjoy various food trucks and inflatable obstacle courses at the northwest corner of Margate Boulevard and State Road 7. Fireworks will begin at 9 p.m.
- Lauderdale-By-The-Sea: Lauderdale-By-The-Sea’s Fourth of July parade this Sunday begins with a parade at 10 a.m. There are also family activities in El Prado Park, including face painting, a waterslide, music and food, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The parade route starts on Bougainvilla Drive behind Town Hall (4501 N. Ocean Drive), heads north to Pine Avenue, east to El Mar Drive and then south to Hibiscus Avenue, where it ends.
- Fort Lauderdale: The Beach Boys will take you to Kokomo during the city’s 4th of July Spectacular on the beach at 300 S. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd. The band will perform from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. but the free event kicks off at noon with entertainment and a family zone with water slides, arts and crafts, face painting, games and contests along A1A and Las Olas Boulevard. The fireworks show will light up the sky at 9 p.m. For more information and tickets visit fortlauderdale.gov or call 954-828-5363.
- Hollywood Beach: All are welcome to celebrate our nation’s 245th birthday on Hollywood Beach at the annual Star-Spangled Spectacular 4th of July Celebration. The event will feature entertainment beginning at 5:00 p.m., a special recognition of a local NFL star at 6:30 p.m. and a fireworks display beginning at 9:00 p.m. The event will take place at Hollywood Beach Theater, 200 Johnson St. and the Broadwalk.
- Miramar: The City of Miramar will host a July 4th concert at 6:00 p.m., followed by fireworks starting at approximately 9:30 p.m. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. and no entry will be allowed after 8:00 p.m. The event will feature a live concert with performers like Taylor Dayne, Morgan Heritage and Latin Band and Timbalive at Miramar Regional Park, 16801 Miramar Parkway.
- Pembroke Pines: The city is inviting Pembroke Pines residents for an Independence Day family picnic and fireworks display at the Pines Recreation Center Festival Grounds, 7400 Pines Blvd., on Sunday, July 4. The picnic grounds will open at 7 p.m. with a fireworks show at 9 p.m. Tickets will need to be picked up in person before the event. Residents must bring a current driver’s license (which lists the Pembroke Pines home address) and one proof of residency. Tickets can be picked up at Pembroke Lakes Tennis Center, 10500 Taft St., and the Charles F. Dodge City Center, 601 City Center Way. There will not be any concessions stands or food trucks at the event so residents are encouraged to bring their own food and drinks.
- Sunrise: Themed floats and marching units will travel west along Sunset Strip from Northwest 12th Street to City Park, 6600 Sunset Strip, for the Parade of Stars & Family Fun Day from 9 a.m. to noon Sunday, July 4. At the park, there will be free refreshments and a children’s fun zone. Afternoon and evening activities move outdoors at the BB&T Center, One Panther Parkway, from 3:45 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. with a children’s fun zone and food and beverage vendors. A fireworks display will start at 9 p.m. Parking and admission are free. Call the city of Sunrise Leisure Services Department at 954-747-4600 for more information.
Copyright 2022 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.