MIAMI (WSVN) - A young man jumped into action, when he woke up to his house on fire, early Friday morning.

Fire rescue crews responded to the home along Southwest Seventh Street, near 10th Avenue, in Miami’s Little Havana neighborhood.

According to one of the residents, it was just after 5 a.m., when he woke up to the smell of gas before hearing the fire alarm. That’s when he sprung into action, helping everyone get out of the house.

“I woke up everyone, made sure everyone was awake, you know,” said Keylan Rivera. “Just thank God no one got hurt, and the house didn’t burn down, ’cause there’s also neighbors in the back too. I had to wake them up, so you know everyone’s safe, no one’s hurt, and thankfully they came quickly to take it out.”

Officials said the fire may have started near a propane tank outside the home’s kitchen.

Everyone made it out safely.

Copyright 2023 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox