WESTON, FLA. (WSVN) - - Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue responded to reports of heavy smoke at the Cleveland Clinic in Weston after a generator caught fire.

Authorities were dispatched to the medical center along Weston Road after the medical center’s fire alarm went off just before 8 p.m., Tuesday.

A Cleveland Clinic spokesperson said their operations were not interrupted and that the fire originated from a second-floor generator during testing.

Officials said the fire was “stubborn,” and that it mainly consisted of “embers, which were buried deep within the roof material of the second floor.”

The fire was eventually put out, and no injuries were reported.

Copyright 2024 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox