LAUDERHILL, FLA. (WSVN) - A kitchen fire caused flames to pour out of a Lauderhill home.

The fire happened at the home along Northwest 22nd Avenue, near 24th Street, at around 5:30 p.m., Thursday.

Lauderhill Fire Rescue shared a photo on Twitter of the roof that had caved in from the heat.

Officials said cooking oil caught fire, and a man in the home tried to put it out by dousing it with water, which they said only made it worse.

He suffered burns on his face and was sent to the hospital.

Copyright 2024 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox