LAUDERHILL, FLA. (WSVN) - Firefighters climbed through a second-floor window to save two elderly women who were trapped inside a Lauderhill townhome.

The fire broke out near Northwest 18th Street and 58th Avenue, Thursday.

Lauderhill Fire Rescue officials believe the fire sparked in the microwave.

Both women were transported to the hospital due to smoke inhalation.

Copyright 2023 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox