MIAMI (WSVN) - A father who helped his family escape their burning Liberty City home has been released from the hospital.
Darryl Manning was rushed to Jackson Memorial Hospital Friday after suffering injuries from busting out windows to help his wife and children get out and using a hose to try and fight the fire.
The flames sparked at their home near Northwest 14th Avenue and 59th Street.
Investigators believe a bent AC cord ignited the living room couch.
Copyright 2020 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.