DORAL, FLA. (WSVN) - A small fire inside the cafeteria at a K-8 school in Doral briefly caused students and faculty to evacuate, Thursday morning.
According to Miami-Dade Fire Rescue, a small fire broke out inside of the cafeteria at Dr. Rolando Espinosa K-8 Center, located at 11250 N.W. 86th St.
Miami-Dade Fire said smoke was seen coming out of one of the exhaust fans in the cafeteria, at around 9 a.m.
Upon examination, fire officials discovered a bird’s nest inside of the fan, which may have ignited and caused the smoke.
Emergency generators were then turned on as students and faculty were evacuated.
According to MDFR, the school was given the “all-clear” soon after the incident was reported, just before 9:45 a.m.
Students and faculty were able to return to class soon after.
Copyright 2018 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.