DAVIE, FLA. (WSVN) - A South Florida family is giving thanks after receiving a generous gesture from 7News viewers, days after their home went up in flames.
Davie homeowner David Cohen and his family received donations from kind 7News viewers on Sunday. Those viewers provided school supplies and clothing.
Cohen said the family’s air conditioning unit caught fire, Wednesday, and destroyed their home, located near Southwest 39th Court and Davie Road.
The heartbroken family is now homeless. “It really hurts. It really, really does, man,” David told a 7News crew on Saturday. “I’ve been here all my life, but in this house, I’ve been here 25 years.”
The family said, without homeowners insurance, it’s impossible for them to rebuild on their own.
A family member has set up a GoFundMe page to help the Cohens during this difficult time. If you would like to make a donation, click here. You may also call David at 863-212-3631 or Rudy at 954-638-4882.
Copyright 2019 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.